While managing the Coronavirus pandemic is the priority for the health system and society, people are still suffering from the same conditions they always were. We are still needed by our patients as much as before and we have a responsibility to our existing patients and to those who need our services and care. We also have a wider responsibility to support the NHS in relieving pressure on the system. We have said we will help where we can and use our expertise to allow the NHS to focus on dealing with the pandemic. Therefore our clinics will stay open, we will continue to treat patients with all of our services, we will see new patients and we will help our existing patients as appropriate.
We understand many of you will have concerns about the current outbreak and we want to reassure you we are doing all we can to continue to work normally.
Our clinics are still running, but we ask that you call to book any new appointments so that we can ensure visiting the clinic is the best course of action for you. We are now offering video consultations for patients who are at risk, or unable to travel. To book a video consultation, please follow the normal booking process and this option will be discussed with you. If you choose to have a virtual consultation, we will send you everything you need and additional information to facilitate the appointment. Please contact us if you would like to know more about this.
We have always prided ourselves on providing the very best experience for our patients and in these uncertain times we remain committed to this ideal. Through The Dermatology Partnership (TDP) we are members of the IHPN (Independent Healthcare Partners Network) which is the industry body for independent/private sector partners to the NHS and sits within the NHS Confederation. They have started Friday morning update conference calls for the sector on the current situation and are an important source of advice for us. Last Friday’s meeting was attended by over 100 private sector healthcare companies including all the private hospital groups and representatives of TDP.
Our clinical and administrative staff take their responsibility to protect your health seriously. We want to assure you we are listening to official advice, taking all the precautions necessary and following all appropriate guidelines and procedures.
Although the chances of any one individual catching the virus are low, we have taken several steps to reduce the risk even further:
- Any staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will not to come to work
- Patients who feel unwell or are displaying symptoms are advised not to attend their appointment, to consider self-isolation and call NHS 111 if they need advice
- All patients will be asked to use our antiseptic hand gel when they arrive at reception
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning door handles and other shared surfaces using a powerful antiseptic several times a day
- We are asking all patients and staff, as far as is possible, to run to time. We aim to limit the number of patients in each waiting area to minimise contact as much as possible
- Patients who require a repeat of their prescriptions or products can contact us by phone and we will arrange delivery
- Where patients, new or old, would like a consultation, we are developing our service for secure video consultations. Please let the office know if this is something you would like us to arrange.
If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We appreciate your cooperation during this time.